Additional Community Resources
You are not alone! We have compiled a list of organizations and agencies that may be able to help alleviate some of your needs. Please check with these groups in advance to make sure that you are within their service area (if applicable) and that you are eligible to receive their assistance. This list will be updated periodically to ensure accuracy, so be sure to check back again when you are able. If you know of an organization that you would like to see listed here, please don't hesitate to CONTACT US! We also have business cards and pamphlets for many of these organizations in our office, if you would like them.
- Oklahoma Helpline: 2-1-1 Oklahoma offers information and referral across the spectrum of human need, including but not limited to rental assistance, food pantries, affordable housing, health resources, child care, after-school programs, caregiver support, financial programs, literacy, and job programs.
- Ministries of Jesus: Ministries of Jesus seeks to bring healing to the total person – spirit, soul and body – in accordance with the Luke 4:18-19 passage. This healing is revealed through our medical/dental clinics, counseling center, recovery ministry, social services resources and caring support groups.
- Bethel Foundation: Helping single mothers and grandmothers.
- Sunbeam Family Services: Helping grandparents raising grandchildren.
- Shepherds of Love: Utility and Housing Assistance.
- Samaritan House: Assists residents who reside in their church boundary area who find themselves in an emergency situation with financial assistance for rent or utilities as well as ensure they have food for their families.
- St. Vincent de Paul Ministry: The St. Vincent de Paul Ministry of St. Monica offers assistance in multiple ways to those in need on a person-to-person basis.
- HOPE Center of Edmond: Helps meet the basic needs of the people in our community who are having personal emergencies or crises.
- Citilink: Provides free transportation.
- Infant Crisis Services: Provides life-sustaining formula, food and diapers to babies and toddlers in times of crisis, because no baby should go hungry.
- U R Special Ministries: Fosters self-esteem and healthy lifestyles in needy and at-risk children by providing new, one-of-a-kind outfits of clothing for the children of Edmond, and distributing it to them in ways that are celebratory, interactive, and affirming.
- All Things Baby: Helping with anything you need to raise a child.
- Edmond Mobile Meals: Provides hot, nourishing meals to elderly and disabled persons. Delivery service area: May Ave to Sooner Rd, Sorghum Mill to 122nd St. Visit website, or call 341-3111
Cooks Night Out provides a free dinner each Friday of the month from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. No reservations needed. Meals may be eaten at the church or taken with you. Monthly schedule:
1st Friday - Holy Trinity Lutheran Church: 308 NW 164th St. 348-3292
2nd Friday - First Presbyterian Church: 1001 S. Rankin St. 341-3602
3rd Friday - Peace Lutheran Church: 2600 E Danforth 341-3205
4th Friday - St. John's Catholic Church: 9th and Boulevard 340-0691