We Are Hiring!
Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing the warehouse operation of the food & resource center, as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food & Resource Center Warehouse Manager:
● Create a safe, welcoming, and respectful atmosphere for clients and volunteers.
● Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization daily.
● Receive deliveries, assist with unloading pallets, verify orders, and sign shipping documents.
● Work with volunteers to coordinate the stocking of shelves, sorting food donations, stocking the cooler and freezer, and rotating inventory according to First-In First-Out method.
● Manage the warehouse operation and inventory according to standard food safety procedures.
● Help organize the retail pickup program; schedule and receive deliveries from other local donors.
● Maintain records of incoming food, including retail recovery and other donations.
● Monitor public areas for cleanliness and order. Work with staff and clients as necessary to maintain a safe environment for all.
● Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures.
● Above duties and responsibilities done with the assistance of an unpaid, part-time volunteer warehouse team leader.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
● Language Skills- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from volunteers, clients, donors, community organizations, and the general public.
● Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Reasoning Ability–Strong analytical skills required. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Technical Ability– Proficient in MS Office or Google applications and ability to learn new technological applications. Certified to operate a forklift, or willing and able to become certified.
● Personal Skills– Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership experience/skills. Familiarity with anti-hunger/anti-poverty initiatives. Ability to work and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds. Ability to work in a team and within broad coalitions. Must be a self-starter who is driven and capable of keeping track of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly organized with an ability to pay attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships; strategic, creative, progressive thinker.Ability to learn, concentrate, think and work well with management, co-workers, and clients.